Wednesday 7 May 2014

Pretty, beautiful things.

"I'm not the best around pretty, beautiful things."

I'm not the best around pretty, beautiful things.
Pretty things make me stammer, stutter,
Clamp up and feel like butter.
Things that shimmer,
Ugh, they make me quiver.

I'm not the best around pretty, beautiful things.
I shy away & feel inferior,
Wondering what it's like with their interiors.
Are they just cold or really made of gold?
Built to perfection, only missing the tiniest fractions?

I'm not the best around pretty, beautiful things.
I'd think to myself, are we really of the same species? (Really?)
I always secretly wish I could conveniently sink into the abyss.
This attraction anyone would feel,
Not just an appeal, nothing modestly concealed.

That they are blessed beyond bliss,
Their being stuns the eyes and intrigues the mind,
That laugh, surely you didn't miss.
Leaving imaginary footprints behind their every mile,
One could almost hear the shout 'lovely' with their single smile.

Yes, everyone has a lovely soul.
Some just appear lovelier, some just easier, (to behold)
But sadly in our world no one really has the time,
Society only eyes for the ones causing this crime.
The pretty, beautiful and the wild.

Call it envy but I assure you, I'm more beguiled.
Wouldn't you too, be curious to know
What it's like to be pretty, perfect and admired?

Oh, would you say 'what a life to be desired?'


No comments:

Post a Comment