Wednesday 5 February 2014

Friends

What if love came with a choice.

Looks,
Height,
Weight,
Popularity.

What if friends came with prices.

Are you pretty?
Are you funny?
Do you dress the way
Everyone
Else
Does?
How many pints can you chug?
What kinds of music do you
Listen To?
Can you keep up?

Keep up with their paces?

What if happiness in life required certain standards.

Colours of hair,
Appearances and faces,
Skin tones,
Brawny and braces?

Like platters in a buffet,
People walking, choosing,
This look's appetising,
This I'll save for later.
This I'll avoid.
It isn't any of the tastes I like.

The greatest blisses in life isn't just being able to say "I am loved for what I'm great at, what I'm good at and what I can do well."

The greatest blessing,
Possibly,

Is to be able to say, "I am accepted, I am loved. I am adored for what I never will be. I am appreciated for what I'm not good at. I am dear to people because of what I will never look like…
I am beloved because I am nothing but me."

Not just even though, but because I am imperfectly perfect.



"Friends are hard to find. In a lifetime you only get a few. And when you find them, you always know them by sight and heart alone, you always grow a little bit taller in your soul, and you know you have been blessed just to know them." - Ashley Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment