Wednesday 20 May 2015

Touch The Sky*

As I lie down and 'youtube's recommended music' plays,
'Touch the Sky' by Hillsong comes into my playlist.
I have no idea how. But somehow it does. 
Suddenly, I know why it's everyone's favourite song.
________________________________________________________________

I imagine boring through my ceiling.
Reaching out to touch stars. 
I am short, my hands are not long.
I am small, my world is tiny. 
But all I've want is to touch Your stars with my hands.

Something sweeps me up,
I see you lift me.
Suddenly, I am high. 
Higher than I'd have ever reached
in all of eternity.

And no one can explain how it is,
simply because no one can understand how it feels.
I am flying, no one believes it.
I am soaring, they think it's the air I've breathed.

Someone told me that I was just lucky.
Brushed arm to arm with power.
They didn't know the bruises were on my knees,
blessed with the aches in my arms that I've held up.

The purest form of surrender is to Love.
Because Love gives us hope and not control.
Love grants us peace with madness and serenity in a lack of tranquility.
I think... Love is the world's greatest solution.

What a genius idea, what a brilliant plan.
That You'd save, the way You've create.
Instead of jumping, I've resorted to kneeling.
I give up, only to let You in.

I have begun thinking that Love...
Love is the most amazing thing of it all.
Because Love held me in its arms.
The way You promised to never let me go.

"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment